Saturday, February 6, 2010

My love for the futeball thru a letter to a pal

Dear Aditya,
Your mail just moved me. It made me come across something which I have been missing unconsciously in my life. She is a futeball (football to be precise), but that is how I have always called her. I have written twice on her but have not retained those pieces. The first one I wrote when I was just in class four. It was an english exercise and I had actually written a good hundred and fifty words on her as an autobiographical account. I don’t remember much but it had such lines as ‘’I was manufactured in a leather factory and was sold by a fat salesman in a sports shop.’’The next time I had written about her was in a state of elation—I stage when my romance was going strong and that helped me get philosophical once in a while. But the woman (You know who I am referring to) took the piece away.Today I sit once again to write about my love for the futeball. I have looked at her in a different way. I rediscovered my relationship with her after having read that you too had possessed one, a blue one, as a kid in Solan.In my case she has always been black and white. For me she has represented the black and white patches of life. Looking at her I have always felt that these black and white patches are inseparable and have to be stitched together to make a full round ball that might as well represent our lives.The air pressure inside her often reflects our egos---inflated, deflated or ideal. My futeball has always given me company, however lonely I have ever been.Imagine me opening the door of my house or hovel and just behind is a futeball. As the door opened she greeted me with her movement. Before I could even switch the light on, her form was visible in the form of a sillhoute emerging from the light outside. Above all she had always greeted me with a thud after she touched something.She was always there to move with my toes from one corner to another. She was something which I could dribble with my feet and hit hard when I was annoyed. At the same time I could always hold her close to my chest with my both hands….even put her on my head. She never complained. Would I find any other companion that can parallel her. No.Thanks once again of having reminded me of her. I will keep my eyes open for a sports shop once again in the days to come. Maybe our eyes (mine and that of a futeball in a shop window) meet once again. The flame of our relation burns on a high scale once again and as usual my desire to possess her once more makes me stop and bring her home………
Yours,Gops

No comments:

Post a Comment